Saturday, November 6, 2010

Camp Thomas

So I'm 7 days removed from surgery and I'm feeling pretty good. The surgery went well from what they tell me since I was asleep at the time. Although apparently when the hospital attendants wheeled me into my room I asked the one guy if he was participating in No-Shave November and then told him I was also participating but with my hair. I'm pretty sure I'm going to win! I came home Tuesday afternoon and slept for the entire day. Thursday I felt good enough to go out and run some errands that I needed to get done. I think mom and I were gone an hour and when we got back I was pretty tired and proceeded to sleep for the rest of day.

I was able to get my drains out today, last week was no fun having those in. No words can express how nice it was to have my parents here last week taking care of me and draining my drains. I'm sure I was not the easiest patient to care for but the fact that they were here meant a lot to me. I got some other great news today, my pathology report came back and my tumor was .02cm which apparently is really small. Also, when they first did the lymph node biopsy 2 lymph nodes were positive, well when they tested the ones they took out they were all negative. Which means I am CANCER FREE and I have a really good prognosis of it not coming back! I can't begin to put into words what all your prayers have meant to me and this is the result of all of your prayers! So from the bottom of my heart I THANK YOU!! I have waited for this news for 6 months and have gone through a lot but today is a great day!! :)

With that being said, I have just a couple more hurdles to get over and then I can put all of this behind me! We meet with Dr. Kennedy next week for my post-op appointment and to also hopefully start discussing radiation treatment. I'm not gonna lie I haven't actually looked at my non-boob, that is still a little hard for me right now. I know I've been really strong this whole time in dealing with the fact that I have/had cancer but the surgery just made it a little more real for me.

So in closing I thank each and everyone one of you who reads my blog for your continued prayers, you all have helped me get through this journey that me and my family have been on. It hasn't been the easiest or most fun but with your words of encouragement and prayers it has made it more bearable so I thank you!

Peace, Love and Hope
Kaitlyn

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Thanks for the update Katy-girl! You have been a trooper! Such goods news about the lymph nodes!!! You are fantastic baby...champagne on the boat in the Spring!!

Janie Herd-Harrold said...

Kaitlyn I guess this is the last of our Journey with you! You fought with everything you had and we prayed with everything we had!!! Im so HAPPY YOU ARE CANCER FREE!! I am so happy the lymph nodes came back negatieve!!!! What a way to end a journey that included so many!!YOU ARE OFFICALLY A SURVIVOR!!! AND THATS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR SINCE THE BEGINNING!! love and prayers to you always may GOD continue to bless YOU and YOUR FAMILY.

Lana Joy said...

You are truly an inspiration, KT. I praise God for his healing and that you can rejoice right now as completely cancer free. I will continue to pray for you in the next stages of recovery. Love you.

Alison Pfeiffer said...

Thank you "Camp Thomas" for the updates. My thoughts and prayers continue to go out to you. I am so happy for you. CANCER FREE!!! Yeah! Awesome news to hear. Kaitlyn, you and your family are an inspiration to many other fighters. You fought the battle of your life and won. Though I never had any doubts you could and would do this. Best wishes as you continue to grow stronger and healthier during the closing of your battle. So very proud of you.

Alison Pfeiffer

Dana said...

Kaitlyn,
That is awesome news!!!! So glad to hear it! You truly are an amazing girl & such an inspiration!!!

Dana & Benny